Monday, March 26, 2012

Modern-Day Moura Encantada: Nelly Furtado Megamix (a sonic collage by Haus of Glitch)

Modern-Day Moura Encantada: Nelly Furtado Megamix (a sonic collage by Haus of Glitch)

Download the mp3 for free from Haus of Glitch's page on Soundcloud! The title is a reference to the Portuguese folk talk of the Moura Encantadas...these shape-shifting singing nymphs. Considering Nelly's various incarnations, I felt it was very appropriate. The megamix contains samples from 21 Nelly Furtado tracks. No other beats or samples were added other than her songs. The songs sampled (in order) are: Say It Right Get Ur Freak On (Remix) Promiscuous Maneater Give It To Me ...On The Radio (Remember The Days) I'm Like A Bird I'm Like A Bird (Nelly vs. Asha Remix) Vacacion Fresh Off The Boat No Hay Igual Turn Off The Light Manos al Aire Baby Girl I Will Make U Cry Is Anybody Out There? Hey, Man! Afraid Fuerte Powerless Forca





0 comments: